Pages

19 November 2012

Random House, I Beseech Thee!

Marlene Dietrich Maria Riva
I have been excited about the eBook release of the original manuscript of Maria Riva's book, Marlene Dietrich, ever since I read about it on the "office" Marlene website. Unfortunately, there seems to be a delay.

On November 5, a person asked about the book on the official Marlene Dietrich Facebook page, and "Marlene Dietrich" stated that "Random House is dragging its heels." Well, I would like to express my interest in this release to Random House, and--if you share my sentiments--I urge you to do the same.

Contact Random House on Facebook to let them know that you want to purchase this eBook.

Contact Random House on Twitter to request its release, too. Please use the hashtag #teammariariva so that we can make our campaign trend.

Contact Random House on its website as well. If you have any specific, influential contacts at Random House, share them in the comments section. Better yet, ask on the official Marlene Dietrich Facebook page whom to contact at Random House. If you use my link, please feel free to copy-and-paste the following text in the Question/Comment box (or share what you have sent in the comments section):

Hello,

I am an avid reader who is looking forward to the eBook release of Maria Riva's biography about her mother, Marlene Dietrich. It appeared on The New York Times Best Seller list for several weeks in 1993 and will certainly find renewed success in electronic format.

Please let me know whom I should contact to express my interest in its release because I was hoping to purchase it during the upcoming holidays for myself as well as to buy more copies as gifts for all my friends and family members. I certainly don't want to resort to buying the Charlotte Chandler biography published by Simon & Schuster, which would be like putting coal in my loved ones' stockings.

Regards,
[Your name]

7 comments:

  1. Awesome campaign! You could use some Oprah, it would be arranged in the blink of an eye :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "recent comments" bit seems to have gone.Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I deleted it for now because it was being very unprofessional.

      Delete
  3. Joseph,
    Sad that there is going to be a delay. I haven't even started on the bio that we discussed earlier. I can't even imagine getting another one but I'll look forward to your review of it once it's out and you've had the pleasure of reading it.

    Thanks for the updates!
    Page

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Page! First, I hope you had an enjoyable Thanksgiving. Second, if you do get time to write the bio, the original print publication of Maria's book is still quite excellent.

      Delete